Pailin Group Executive Search
Assistant General Counsel
The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. The Legal Department is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by Practice Groups that conform to the organization of the Firm’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams to communicate legal and regulatory changes to the businesses and staff areas and for the lines of business and staff areas to communicate business developments that have legal or regulatory implications to the legal teams in a timely manner.
An attorney with 7+ years of experience advising in respect of ERISA is needed to provide legal support to the Corporate & Investment Banking (“CIB”) businesses.
The attorney will work closely with CIB business colleagues and CIB legal teams across practice groups on product development, development of legal policies and controls, implementation of new regulatory requirements, day-to-day business support and complex new business transactions, and, on occasion, support for acquisitions and divestitures affecting the business. The position entails extensive, independent contact with, and support of, senior business personnel within the CIB. • Providing legal guidance and expertise in respect of ERISA to CIB business and legal teams, including general advice and negotiation and drafting of transaction documentation and contracts.
• Working with the business and industry groups to assess and implement new regulatory requirements.
• Reviewing regulatory disclosures and marketing materials.
• Assessing legal risk, advising on such risk and reviewing policies and procedures and process changes to mitigate risk.
• Participating in business and functional teams and committees to provide legal expertise as needed.
• Participating in industry advocacy groups and legislative lobbying efforts as needed.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- 7+ years experience as an ERISA attorney at a law firm or financial services firm.
- The candidate will have demonstrable ERISA expertise.
- The confidence and interpersonal and networking skills necessary for effective interaction with business clients at all levels, other parts of the firm and external parties.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and negotiating skills.
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction.
Well qualified professionals please forward resume/CV along with compensation requirements to The Pailin Group Professional Search Consultants
Debra Hartmann firstname.lastname@example.org