Pailin Group Executive Search
Product Manager, STOP
Job Locations US-TX-Houston
Job ID 2017-1456
The Product Manager is responsible for creating customer experiences and managing initiatives that drive product growth. The Product Manager will manage overall project strategy and lifecycle by defining the product roadmap, business rules, requirements, and specifications through user stories, workflows, and simple prototypes. This position requires a strong desire to work with key customers and sales personnel to create a cohesive end-to-end customer experience that meets business objectives and customer needs. Ideal candidate will have a passion for creating and articulating user stories and requirements with internal teams and stakeholders. The use of analytics and A/B testing to steer improvements, inform stakeholders, and drive product decisions through the use of best practices and industry trends is highly desired.
The Product Manager is expected to:
- Create business cases and strategies for new products and markets. Gather and analyze data, prioritize market trends and direction. Conducts marketing analysis for new product and/or concepts. Collaborates with a wide variety of functional teams such as sales, engineering, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Manage the execution of projects from concept to completion including gathering requirements, assets, developing project plans, user flows, user stories, and prototypes and contribute to functional specifications while emphasizing quality. Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs and establishing time schedules with engineering, software development and manufacturing.
- Iterate product and service design through wireframes and prototypes to convey specifications and interaction that best suit user needs.
- Prepare ROI analysis on project opportunities and assist with prioritization discussion.
- Uses market research, consumer insights, and competitive analysis to develop business/marketing strategies for products. Must spend time in the market to understand problems, and find innovative solutions.
- Perform sales, trend, and profitability analysis. Track, report and analyze the success of sales to ensure ongoing understanding as to how the applications work together to meet established business goals. Analyze product and usage data to help identify behavior models. Translate and communicate findings into actionable insights and business intelligence.
- Drive overall go-to-market strategy for assigned products, planning and execution for the product family in support of awareness, market-share and revenue growth objectives.
- Implement pricing, consistent with company and product positioning.
- BA in Marketing or degree from four-year college or university is required.
- MBA or Master’s preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years of strong product management/product marketing experience with progressively increasing responsibilities. More experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and defining business/marketing strategy, applying competitive and consumer insight research.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team to rapidly produce results.
- Exceptional product management abilities with experience creating presentations, datasheets, product messaging, demos, etc.
- Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Well qualified candidates please forward current resume along with compensation requirements in complete confidence to Pailin Group Professional Search Consultants Roxxanne Miller Sales & Marketing Division Group Manger firstname.lastname@example.org