Pailin Group Executive Search
Dallas, TX Metro Area.
IoT Solutions Project Manager - PGC00031
Due to our clients frequent government business interactions, for this position you must be a US citizen and able to pass Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security background checks.
Do you get excited about leading projects using the most innovative and leading edge technologies in the industry today? Would you like to employ technologies like IOT (Internet of Things), Sensors, Cloud Computing, Big Data and Mobile Applications into end customer solutions using industry leading software? Are you driven to deliver quality solutions to your customers while working with likeminded, smart and motivated coworkers? Would you like to be a part of a hyper growth business unit within a large parent company?
If so, the IoT Solutions Project Manager position in the Services Organization is for you! You will get the opportunity to lead projects, participate in architectural and technology decisions, work with internal leaders and external customers. You will be responsible for execution of one or more projects at a time with influence over requirements, hardware selection, design, development, testing, documentation, packaging and delivery.
Our clients mission is to bring some of the newest industry trends and technologies to our customers in order to offer business process optimizations, systems visibility and decision metrics that have never been imagined in the past using traditional IT systems.
Candidate must be highly motivated, innovative and able to work independently. Applicant must be able to communicate effectively and work well in a high performance, fast paced, team environment. Applicants will be tasked with managing full life cycle projects for the Solution Services & Delivery organization and managing business and technical relationships with customers.
Leading candidates should have the ambition, curiosity, and fearlessness to work on multiple key technologies alongside some of the most innovative customers around the world. Qualified candidate must have performed in a technical services/solutions project management role in a software focused, solutions & services company. Degree in a related field is required.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
• Manages scope, resources and timeframes effectively to meet client expectations profitably
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
• Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
• Navigates the attitudes, preferences, personalities and agendas across departments & disciplines
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
• Manages project budget.
• Assists in analyzing project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
• Manages day-to-day client interaction.
• Sets and manages client expectations.
• Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
• Facilitates internal project team and client meetings effectively.
• Holds regular status meetings with project team.
• Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Possesses general understanding in the areas of IoT, RFID & sensors, solutions development, ERP, WMS, programming, database and system design.
• Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
• Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application to client engagements.
Secondary skills preferred on as-needed basis
• Provide pre-sales consulting on company products
• Assists with product demonstrations for prospects, tradeshows and partners
• Identifies business development and "add-on" opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
• Build relationships with customers in order to fully understand the customer’s objectives and follow on new opportunities.
• Assists in proposal efforts
• Effectively conveys our message in both written and oral business development discussions and demonstrations
Experience / Tools
• 10+ years overall experience
• 5+ years of experience managing projects
• PMP certification preferred
• Microsoft family of desktop software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, etc.)
• Microsoft Project
• Jira or similar planning & tracking tool
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
TX-Dallas Metro Area
*Well-qualified professionals, for consideration please forward current resume and compensation requirements in complete confidence to
Debra Hartmann, Division Group Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Pailin Group Professional Search Consultants
Retained executive search consultants worldwide
Dallas Corporate offices