Pailin Group Executive Search
Sr. IoT Solution Architect-PG0053665
Dallas, TX Metro area-USA
Our premier client is one of the leading information and communication Technology Company's in the world, and a leading provider of IT products and services including hardware, software, networking and business solutions to customers in more than 100 countries. They are known for their ability to harness the power of IT for clients and to build innovative practices and solutions.
Reporting to the IoT Lead, the Senior IoT Solution Architect acts as subject matter expert role in the area of Internet of Things (IoT) that assists in the solution development, go-to-market planning, opportunity identification and qualification, pre-sales and the delivery of end-to-end IoT solution. Specifically, this role will support the Organization’s Connected Enterprise and/or the Organization’s Connected City offerings that include, but are not limited to, Connected Manufacturing Operations, Smart Connected Products, Smart City and Predictive Maintenance.
It is largely a client facing role, requiring a highly consultative approach to both technology and business leaders. The IoT Solution Architect will be responsible for collaborating with business leaders to determine their top business problems, architecting an IoT solution that will solve the problem, contributing to the business case development to justify the ROI, building an IoT solution co-creation, selecting technology and platform vendors, and finally, leading the deployment of the solution at scale, across the enterprise.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Leading deal focused pre-sales activities, assessments and co-creations
- Establishing and maintaining trusted advisory relationships with clients to scope, solution, propose, close and deliver complex IoT solutions
- Leading client workshops to help our clients understand the benefits of IoT, implementation roadmap and business process impacts
- Evaluating, assessing and selecting IoT-related component technologies from the Organization and partners
- Contributing to the development and growth of Intellectual Property and supporting the development of other consultants through mentoring and/or coaching activities
- Presenting Company IoT Portfolio and Industry Point of View to client executives
- Developing repeatable, annuity generating niche solutions that will drive significant revenue streams
- Defining the IoT strategy for a specific customer or within a specific industry focus area within Organizational (i.e. manufacturing, healthcare etc.
- More than 10 years of overall IT experience with 5+ years as a solution architect or pre-sales in a consultative solution selling environment
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in implementing Industrial Internet of Things (IoT)/Machine to Machine (M2M) solutions and/or demonstrating extensive knowledge of the Industrial IoT/M2M platform and technologies
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in one or more specific IoT/M2M industry solutions (i.e., manufacturing, retail, healthcare, public sectors, etc.) with a preference for manufacturing experience.
- Deep understanding of one or more line of business domains (i.e., manufacturing operations, maintenance, quality management, supply chain execution, aftermarket services, sustainability, etc.)
- Good knowledge of developing end-to-end IoT solutions aligned to client requirements that drive business value
- Experience with technology driven change, analytics / business applications and delivery experience of large scale transformations
- Deep understanding of the competitive differentiation of leading IoT platforms and technologies such as GE Predix, SAP HCP IoT, ThingWorx (PTC), Microsoft Azure IoT, Ayla Networks and SightMachine.
- Experience of solution mapping across Cloud, Devices/Sensors, Analytics and Mobility based offerings to define end to end solutions
- Customer focused
- Results oriented / Tenacious achievers who get results
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Entrepreneurial and visionary thinking
- Personal characteristics:
- Excellent relationship building skills, with the ability to use relationships to uncover and develop opportunities
- Highly developed influencing skills to gain access to the breadth of the client organization, and influence internally in support of business development objectives and meeting clients’ needs
- Outstanding team player working across the organization but also with the resilience and motivation to operate individually
- High degree of drive, energy, self-confidence, commitment and flexibility appropriate to a merit-based, client-facing environment
- Ability to quickly understand complex products and broad service offerings
- Behavioral Competencies include
- Drive for Results
- Putting the Customer First
- Achieving Together
- Changing and Improving
- Developing Capability
- Influence and Impact
- Leading and Inspiring
- Thinking Analytically
- Professional Competencies include:
- Program Management
- Strong awareness of digitalization of industries
- IoT Marketplace, Technology, tools and service provision
- Big data and Edge Analytics
- Business & Strategic Consulting
- Offer Definition and Value Proposition
- Preparing Bids and Tenders
- Understanding Client Operations
If you fit these qualifications and are looking for new challenges and a dynamic and rewarding career, we’d like to talk with you today. Our client is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Dallas Metro area, TX
*Well-qualified professionals, for consideration please forward current resume and compensation requirements in complete confidence to
Debra Hartmann, Division Group Manager – email@example.com
Pailin Group Professional Search Consultants
Retained executive search consultants worldwide
Dallas Corporate offices