Pailin Group Executive Search
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential process design job duties and functions as listed below for LNG projects. This includes developing, managing and executing all process design and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. This role directs all staff in all functions necessary in their roles to meet or exceed all project process objectives. This position requires authoritative knowledge and background, holistic grasp of complex situations with the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease, and see the overall picture and
This role includes responsibilities on sales pursuits, proposals, studies, Front End Engineering Designs (FEEDs), large or mega sized and moderate to high risk engineering, procurement and fabrication/construction/construction management (EPC/EPFC/EPCM) LNG projects. This position may be assigned responsibility for multiple projects at various stages of development or a single large or mega LNG project. This position will work closely with the LNG Business & Technology Team, Sales, Project, Proposal, Machinery and Engineering Managers.
This position will be responsible for developing, managing and delivering the process designs for units including gas treating, dehydration, NGL recovery, refrigeration systems (single, multicomponent/ mixed) for LNG liquefaction, re-gasification, storage and loading terminals. Developing and selecting conceptual liquefaction and other flow scheme configurations considering licensor technology, cost, efficiency, safety, reliability, maintainability, compressor / driver and other machinery is required. This includes developing and/or leading other engineers to develop heat and material balances using process simulation software, preparing
process flow diagrams (PFDs), piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), producing hydraulic calculations, equipment data sheets and instrument data, preparing process descriptions and performance test procedures.
Working with licensors and selecting licensor technology is required. Duties will also typically include participation in project, risk, process, constructability, commissioning, start-up, HAZID / HAZOP and other safety processes. This position will typically be the lead person directing all process design activity for a project.
- Adheres to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Sustainability Policies. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all process design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
- Ensures execution of all process design aspects of the assigned project(s) in accordance with Fluor policies and procedures, Quality Program, project plans and contractual obligations.
- Leads and direct all functions necessary to safely and efficiently execute the process scope.
- Leads process design planning and schedule efforts during proposals, studies, FEEDs and EPC/EPCM phases of projects.
- Leads in the identification of opportunities, risks (and their mitigations) for process design related issues
- Works with project, engineering and procurement teams to identify process design needs to support the project schedule.
- Works with commissioning and construction to identify and plan system turn-over requirements to support timely facility start-up.
- Participates in process, safety, design and constructability review program(s).
- Establishes and executes the process plan, including the exchange of information and ensuring effective communication and the addressing and tracking of needs, requirements, and issues
- Interprets the intent and requirements of the basis of design documents; ensures process deliverables meet their requirements
- Controls process design group schedule and cost through the efficient use of resources
- Other duties as assigned
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited 4 year degree or global equivalent in chemical engineering and minimum of 20 years process design related work in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum 10 years process design experience with LNG projects
Other Job Requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively and make presentations with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time effective manner
- Professional certification is a plus
- Experience with commissioning, start-up and performance testing at project sites is a plus
- Experience with LNG liquefaction process design and optimization
- Experience with LNG project process design requirements and work processes from conceptual design studies, pre-FEED, FEED through EPC, commissioning and start-up
- Experience with LSTK and reimbursable projects
- Experience working with LNG and gas treating technology licensors
- Functional/working knowledge with process simulation tools
- Experience with writing effective proposals and technical documents
- Experience managing teams with 10 or more people and distributed work execution methodology
Requisition Number: 102739BR
Well qualified engineering management professionals please forward resume, cover letter outlining compensation requirements and interview availability in complete confidence to the Pailin Group Professional Search Consultants Robert Martin - Engineering Division Group Manager at email@example.com www.pailingroup.com