Pailin Group Executive Search
Greater China & Holdings Human Resources Director
Position Statement: Plan, implement and lead a service-oriented Human Resources function in support of key business goals for Greater China and Holdings functions. Develops an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance. Acts as the primary strategic business partner to the management team and contributes to the overall business planning and development process. Responsible for delivery of HR solutions and outcomes to include staffing, employee relations, appropriate compensation and benefit programs and organizational development. The role reports to the Regional CEO and assists and advises managers about Human Resources issues and dotted line to Group VP Human Resources.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the organization.
- Diagnoses problems, identifying appropriate organizational interventions and manages implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Participates and delivers programs related to compensation and benefits, market benchmarking and train managers on “best Total Rewards practices” for Greater China and Holdings.
- Ensures continuous process improvement for area of responsibility.
- Ensures effective formal and informal communication systems for delivery of HR initiatives/services.
- Partners with Group HR to develop HR Programs and initiatives (e.g. Performance Management, Succession Planning, Organizational Development).
- Partners with Group HR to develop the tools in support of HR Programs.
- Ensures attainment of hiring goals and partners with hiring managers to achieve results.
- Develops and leads HR staff by example, ensuring bench strength.
- Develops client specific training (as needed) and implements training programs to achieve the businesses’ objectives. Partners with L&D function to roll out and facilitate specific programs to meet business needs.
- Implements action plans and outcomes for strategic initiatives for Human Resources as well as the region and Holdings functions. Represents Human Resources to the region in a seamless, cohesive manner.
- Manages employee relations and risk management and seeks legal advise as appropriate. Makes recommendations to Regional CEO, MD and Managers on action plans to resolve litigation risks within the scope of Crown policies and practices.
- Proposes and actively participates in the design of compensation packages, compensation review and reward systems to attract and retain talent and partner with Group C&B to ensure alignment with business goals, needs and requirements.
Aptitude, Knowledge and Qualifications Aptitude
- Strong experience in the field and regarded as a subject matter expert for HR related activities.
- Previous experience of managing a Human Resources team.
- Previously influenced senior managers, built strong commercial relationships and driven an HR strategy.
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas.
- Ability to recognize the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues.
- Acts as a role model for the organization looks beyond own team as a role model and source of knowledge. Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of personalities and behavioral styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships.
- The ability to inspire confidence of the CEO, Managing Director and other senior managers through timely delivery of information and plans.
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach.
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach.
Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to drive results through effective management of team.
- Must have ability to effectively present information to senior management.
- Highly customer service oriented/driven interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), Outlook, Sharepoint.
- Experience with HR Information Systems, employee and manager’s self-service; Successfactors a plus.
Education and/or Experience
- At least 15 years of generalist experience and 10 years in management.
- Degree required, Human Resources Management Post Graduate degree desirable.
- Proven track record of developing teams.
- Mandarin skills a plus.
Our client will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
Well qualified professionals please forward resume along with compensation requirments in complete confidence to The Pailin Group PSC Franz Reutier - International Division Group Manager firstname.lastname@example.org