Pharmacist (Per Diem)-Washington DC
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in various clinical programs that improve the quality of life of our patients’, enhance our patients’ adherence to therapy, and communicate with providers and other referral sources regarding the status of patient’s therapy.
- Become knowledgeable in 340B requirements for eligible patients, replenishing inventory and special billing conditions.
- Become certified when appropriate, based on contracts, grants, Memorandum of Understanding Agreements or any other Ryan White contract related training.
- Works within the “Adherence Home Pharmacy” or “Adherence and Quality Care Center Pharmacy” at the assigned AHF Pharmacy location.
- Overseas, reviews, and verifies new and refill prescriptions issued by authorized prescribers to assure accuracy and clinical appropriateness.
- Answers questions and provides information to patients and providers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Performs and oversees support staff’s each encounter in an efficient, courteous and professional manner. Functions as a primary resource in handling patients clinical and non-clinical questions from routine to complex, while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity.
- Handles physician-related calls of clinical and/or non-clinical nature in a high-paced, high volume work environment.
- Assists clients with insurance enrollment and provides referrals for other medical services when appropriate.
- Prepares and processes prior authorization forms for ADAP, Medicare, Medicaid and various commercial insurance plans including Managed Care programs when appropriate.
- Assists patients in obtaining payment and/or medications through various Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs (PAP).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Experience
- Pharmacist degree from an accredited school of pharmacy. A Pharm. D degree or higher desirable.
- Current Pharmacist license in the state employed.
- Clinical experience is highly desirable.
- HIV certification highly desirable, must obtain organizational approved certification within 180 days.
- National HIV certification highly desirable must be willing to obtain within 24 months of hire date.
- Must have at least one year (1) experience as a pharmacist in a retail setting preferred.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish highly desirable, (Creole in some specific areas).
- Experience with Cerner/Etreby Pharmacy systems preferred.
- Supervises pharmacy support staff in absence of supervisor
- Must be comfortable participating in community activities that promote the Mission of the organization, the Pharmacy and all operating entities of the organization.
Well-qualified professionals please forward resumes along with compensation requirements and interview availability by email in complete confidence to
Pailin Group Professional Search Consultants
Dallas Corporate Offices
400 North Ervay Street PO Box 130903
Dallas, TX 75313-0903