Medical Officer - South Africa
Req No PSC 2016-5648
Job Locations South Africa-Umlazi
- Begins assigned clinics on time;
- Provides clinical care and monitoring to patients;
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines;
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs;
- Reviews laboratory test results and other reports;
- Records physical findings and formulates plan and prognosis based on patient's condition; discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan;
- Utilizes electronic medical records system to document patient care where available;
- Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, occupational therapy or related therapeutic procedures; refills medication;
- Refers patients to physician or specialist for consultation;
- Reviews charts and performs peer reviews;
- Completes diagnosis forms;
- Attends weekly CME meetings, monthly medical staff meetings and other meetings as requested;
- On patient admissions speaks in person to the inpatient physician at the appropriate hospital, writes out an H&P (history and physical), writes admitting orders as appropriate and gives to patient to take to the emergency room if being admitted;
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to provide coverage at other sites upon request;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
Education and/or Experience:
Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health plus two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Practicing license from Allied Health Professionals Council
Well qualified professionals please forward CV's/resumes and compensation requirements in complete confidence to
The Pailin Group Professional Search Consultants - Retained executive search consulting, firstname.lastname@example.org