Pailin Group Executive Search
Dallas, Texas metro area
Position Title: Controller
Reports To: Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer
The Controller is responsible for ensuring the fiscal function in accordance with generally accepted accounting and financial principles and regulations are implemented. The controller supports the Chief Financial Officer (EVP/CFO) in ensuring that resource allocation and utilization reflects and facilitates the achievement of council’s strategic direction and annual plan of work. Oversees an accounting department of three and one data analyst.
The controller manages the day-to-day operations of the council efficiently and effectively by establishing, monitoring and ensuring policies and procedures are followed. The controller works with the EXP/CFO and the leadership teams to develop the council’s budget; administers and monitors operating plans and budgets; in partnership with the EXP/CFO maintains control of the council’s finances; manages the council’s assets, accounts and all financial records; prepares and issues reports as requested; oversees facility insurance and works with the human resource department to coordinate the payroll and benefits functions including worker’s compensation. The controller contributes to the overall financial policy development of the Council and manages the financial interface of Salesforce and Retail Management Systems (RMS).
The Controller will consistently exercise discretion and judgment with respect to matters of significance. This job is not routine, clerical or administrative in nature.
1. Advise the EXP/CFO on all matters pertaining to finance policy to ensure that financial strategies, decisions, and functions effectively facilitate achievement of council goals.
2. In partnership with the EVP/CFO, provide leadership and input to the council strategy and implementation process. This position serves on the council’s strategy and management teams.
3. Provides oversight, leadership and accountability to the accounting, finance and data integrity teams; ensuring the team has the necessary resources and tools to be a high performing team.
4. In partnership with the EXP/CFO, prepare the general operating budget for presentation to the council’s Board of Directors and monitor performance of the approved budget. Additionally, the controller maintains similar responsibility with respect to special funds arising out of gifts, grants, and other allocations.
5. Prepare all financial reports, providing the EXP/CFO with accurate and up-to-date information on the financial activities of the council.
6. Ensure that all council financial operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, federal, and not-for-profit regulations, guidelines, and laws.
7. Provide assistance to the EXP/CFO in the formulation of overall fiscal policies and plans regarding both short and long-term financial matters related to the council.
8. Implement the day-to-day administration and control of the accounting, treasury, and payroll functions to safeguard the council’s assets and to ensure financial transactions are timely, processed accurately, and recorded in keeping with accepted accounting standards and principles.
9. Participate on the finance, audit and investment committees as requested by the EXP/CFO.
10. Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends to the EXP/CFO.
11. Participate in the financial and operational audits, identifies opportunities for improved efficiencies, and supervise the implementation of improvements to internal controls and operating procedures.
12. Provide oversight to council information systems to ensure optimal financial interface with Salesforce and data analytics.
13. Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with donors, members, volunteers, staff and community contacts.
14. Ensure that all council operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
15. Performs other duties as assigned by the EXP/CFO.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 7 years experience in accounting or finance; MBA or CPA is a plus.
Commitment to the mission and goals
Must be willing to work with all persons without regard to race, religion, ethnic origin, socio-economic status Demonstrated leadership success for multiple operational functions and experience managing diverse staff in a coordinated, effective and efficient manner with accountability.
Proven ability to lead a team to success and foster a culture of inclusiveness, teamwork and collaboration with others.
Must be a forward-thinking, a visionary with proven analytical ability, good judgment, excellent problem solving skills and strong operational focus.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information to others.
Proven experience in strategic planning and budgeting.
Experience implementing and managing performance measurements to achieve success. . .
Think and Act Strategically
Collaborative Relationship Building
Resource and Process Management
Accountability for Performance and Results
Change and Innovation
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee should be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Well qualified professionals please forward current resume, compensation requirements and interview availability in complete confidence to
Susanne Eisenberg - Accounting & Finance Group Manager
Pailin Group Professional Search Consultants
Retained executive search Consultants local/national/international
Our standards are as high as yours are, since 1989