The Environmental Compliance Specialist is responsible for, among other duties; providing support the regional environmental manager, interacts with regulatory agencies, monitors leak detection and compliance testing of the underground storage tanks systems, monitors and controls spending, and coordinates emergency response for environmental issues.
- Provides support/manages/ensure company operated and applicable wholesale locations environmental compliance meets or exceeds federal, state and local regulations daily.
- Maintain positive professional relationships with all federal, state and local environmental officials.
- Respond to any discrepancies or violations immediately and ensure the appropriate resolution is reached without exceeding deadlines. Notify the Director of Environmental immediately of all violation notices.
- Track and maintain environmental compliance documentation for company operated and applicable wholesale locations; electronic/hard filing, scanning, mailing, based on company/department policy.
- Monitor electronic and manual leak detection data to ensure all tanks/lines and equipment produces passing results, daily, weekly, monthly, meeting Federal, State, Local, Company regulations.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date compliance and environmental databases with site notification and interaction when applicable.
- Monitor fuel inventory control over/short gallon data, identify cause, and take appropriate action to ensure Federal, State or Company thresholds are not exceeded.
- Prepare annual environmental budget, business plans and annual performance review to meet established deadlines. Meet all established performance goals by agreed deadlines.
- Monitor and control spending activity to ensure cost is within or below budget. Monitor vendor activity on site when applicable and/or electronically for waste, over charges and unacceptable service. Negotiate cost with service providers which will produce company savings. Track savings success.
- Ensure existing environmental training program information is updated. Provide regional, district or individual training to company and wholesale operators. Assist in developing new environmental training programs that will protect company assets and reduce liability.
- Attend random operations/wholesale staff meetings and conduct random store visits for feedback from operators concerning environmental related issues as well as to identify and correct noncompliance issues.
- Obtain Class A/B Operator Training certifications for ALL operating states and ensure all store locations are compliant.
- Manage, provide oversight to environmental projects and ensure spending is justified, controlled and within budget.
- Knowledge of environmental compliance laws and regulations with 2- 4 years convenience store management experience with strong performance reviews or applicable education/degree.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written).
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interact with Executive and Management staff at all levels.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to envision, conceive, plan, implement and follow through with projects or tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, data related environment.
- Overnight travel required.
Well qualified professionals please forward current resume along with compensation requirements in complete confidence to
Robert Martin - Engineering Division Group Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Pailin Group Professional Search Consultants www.pailingroup.com