The President/CEO is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization defining the strategic direction in conjunction with the Board of Directors and with the executive team. The President/CEO is the Administrative Executive of the Board of Directors, serving as an ex-officio member of all committees, including the Executive Committee. The President/CEO oversees the following of the organization: leadership, strategy and board governance; operational planning and management; program planning and external relations; workforce planning and management; financial management and operations; and risk management.
Working with Pharma, CRO's, multiple academic centers and community hospitals on various studies and trials. Requirements are for study ideation, study development, contracting, operational excellence, budgeting and Revenue/Expense responsibility. Experience in "HANDS ON" direction and management of a CRO or SMO, or directing a clinical research consortia are ideal.
- Networking capability and experience in the lung cancer community.
- Fundraising is a KEY component to help fund our studies and activities.
- Deep Understanding of Clinical trials and their requirements
- Ability and willingness to work in an environment with a start up attitude.
- Oversight and Involvement in all aspects of the organization.
- Budget and Revenue responsibility – set objectives and metrics
- COMMUNCIATION - inside and outside of the organization.
- Forecasting and Meeting objectives and deadlines
- Overseeing our BIO-Repositories
- Be familiar with the state of the science in lung cancer community
- Contract Negotiation - Multi center, multi player negotiation. Job related responsibilities are:
Leadership, Strategy and Governance
- Participates with the Board of Directors and in conjunction with the Executive team in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- Works with the SLB, (Scientific Leadership Board) to identify research opportunities, plan and execute studies/trials that will satisfy our overall mission to "Make lung cancer a survivable disease by the year 2023"
- Has Deep knowledge of the healthcare industry, oncology environment (Preferably in the lung cancer space) and has experience in running /overseeing clinical trials and diverse studies.
- Overseas all Contract negotiations with Venders, Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechs, Academic Centers, community centers and other service providers.
- Identifies, assesses, and informs the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization
- Acts as a professional advisor to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organization's activities
- Fosters effective team work between the Board and the President/CEO and between the President/CEO and staff
- In addition to the Chair of the Board, act as a spokesperson for the organization
- Conducts official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate
- Represents the organization at profession-wide activities to enhance the organization’s profile.
- Coordinates and overseas inter organizational activities with partner 501(c)3
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OR EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with preferably a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management or other related area
Experience: 10+ years of progressive management experience in a non-profit organization. Supervisory experience required. Direct experience in supervision of marketing, public relations, and fundraising. Broad based experience in individual and team-oriented decision-making.
Experience in the field of Lung Cancer, Oncology, Cancer research, Treatment, Clinical Trials and therapeutic options are preferred.
Our client is an international consortium dedicated to catalyzing and accelerating the discovery, development and delivery of new and more effective treatment options for lung cancer patients.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $200,000.00 to $250,000.00 /year
- experience in the Cancer, Research and diagnostic field: 4 years
- management, direction and operation of a CRO or SMO: 5 years
Required travel: 25%
Well qualified professionals please forward resume/CV in complete confidence to
Amanda Sonus Sr. Consultant - email@example.com
Pailin Group PSC www.pailingroup.com