Pailin Group Executive Search
Senior HIM Director
Location Flint, MI, US
- Remote position but must be in Michigan for onsite meetings
- Provides overall strategic, financial, operational management and leadership for the health care facilities' HIM departments for area assigned.
- Responsible for overseeing the planning, organizing and execution of health information management services provided across the multi-facility client community as well as new business development.
- Establishes, actively maintains and manages relationships with customers and vendors to ensure a service oriented, high quality operational and support environment for all systems and departments.
- Provides contract management for the HIM account for the multi-system health care facility
- Identifies revenue generating opportunities and pursues additional service requests in collaboration with site client executives.
- Serves as an internal consultant on health information management issues including release of information, confidentiality, information security, information storage and retrieval, record retention as well as authorship and authentication of health record documentation
- Reviews, analyses and manages departmental projects to ensure proper completion according to time schedules and budgets developed in conjunction with the client.
- Coordinates with clients and Atos account management the evaluation of system requirements, vendor evaluation and system selections, and negotiation of contracts to achieve business objectives.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring standardization and "best practices" for all service delivery areas.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and accomplishment of annual HIM business plan.
- Oversees system-wide policy development to ensure consistent practices between facilities
- Provides leadership to HIM employees by practicing fair and consistent treatment while enforcing staff compliance with corporate policies.
- Additional duties
- Actively supports and participates in organizational functions external to the division such as community projects and employee appreciation activities.
- Attends educational opportunities to expand understanding of the operation business of the health care industry.
- Performs other duties as required to meet departmental or organizational objectives.
Job Requirements: Education, Experience & Licensure
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Master's degree in health information management or related field, preferred
- RHIT or RHIA certification required.
- Member of American Health Information Management Association with maintenance of continuing education requirements.
- Six or more years of management experience in health care in an acute care facility of at least 250 beds or more
- Previous experience in multi-hospital setting preferred
Skills & Requirements
- Broad knowledge of healthcare business operations
- Excellent analytical skills to discuss problems, analyze solutions/options, evaluate and enable improvement of process
- Influencing skills to aide in negotiation of purchases and contract terms as well as persuasion skills necessary in influencing peers/vendors or new ideas or concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a diverse customer base including, physicians, executive leadership and both technical and administrative staff.
- Leadership skills such as coaching, and conflict resolutions to aide in the development of departmental personnel.
- Knowledge of information systems and health care applications and revenue cycle principles
- Project management skills
- Superior organizational and planning skills.
- This position also comes with the high potential of extensive travel up to 75%
Well qualified professionals please forward resume along with compensation requirements to the Pailin Group Professional Search Consultants to
Frank Sinclaire - Health Care Division Group Manager email@example.com