Palin Group Executive Search
Country Program Manager - Dominican Republic
Req No 2015-2973
Job Location: Dominican Republic
- Provides managerial and technical oversight for the Organization’s medical providers program, in collaboration with the Country and Local Governments and other Partner Programs, which includes but is not limited to: Quality Assurance, monitoring and evaluation activities, supervision, helps to capacity building, project logistics, security and administration.
- Provides managerial and technical oversight for Prevention, Rapid Test and Linkage to Care program, in collaboration with an NGOs and Country/ Local Governments and other Partner Programs, which includes but is not limited to: training, monitoring and evaluation activities, supervision, helps to capacity building, project logistics, security and administration.
- Provides managerial and technical oversight for advocacy activities against stigma and discrimination, in collaboration with an NGOs and Country/ Local Governments and other Partner Programs, which includes but is not limited to: implementing, monitoring and evaluation activities, supervision, logistics and administration.
- Contribute to prepares and administers program budgets and strategic business plans, and evaluates financial program effectiveness. (Key Performance Indicators).
- Provide regular country program reports to Corporate Headquarters, the Global Secretariat, Latin America Bureau Secretariat and donors as required.
- Serves as The Organization representative of the country program with implementing partners, private and public agencies, national AIDS programs, and major donor agencies. Represents the Organization at meetings with on HIV/AIDS issues, and maintains a wide-range of professional contacts with Government and non-governmental organizations.
- Participates with Bureau Chief in proposal preparation, in collaboration with Corporate Headquarters , Global Secretariatand Latin America Bureau Secretariat, including field assessment, writing, and negotiations with donors, identification of partners, and preparation of proposals, logical frameworks, work plans, and detailed budgets.
- Ensures that the Global Program Policy and Procedure Manual is clearly communicated, implemented and adhered to by the staff in the country.
- Keep abreast of HIV/AIDS best practices/resources and pass these resources to field staff.
- Takes the lead in implementing new the Organizations improvement approach in any clinic in the country as seen feasible and appropriate within the defines of available capacity and resources in a manner that promotes Quality Assurance and sustainability.
- Takes the lead in seeking new partners with whom a complimentary comprehensive Rapid Test and Linkage to Care and Quality medical care can be offered to patients and or communities base.
- Provide management support, mentorship and direction to subordinates.
- Ensure that medical supplies are into the country to the correct operations.
- Undertakes other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Latin America Bureau Chief.
Participation in Global Meetings & Committees
Latin America Global Operations, Latina America Med Exec., Latina America Marketing and Advocacy Meeting, Latina America Quality Technical Team, weekly One at One with Bureau Chief Latin..
Includes supervision of the Medical Providers and The Organization staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Master degree, Doctorate or Public Health degree and relevant experience in HIV treatment, care, prevention, testing into the country; or relevant experience in HIV/ AIDS and STDs managing programs and public health development programs.
- Experience on advocacy and partnership with NGOs.
Computer/Software Skills & Abilities
- Computer and Internet skills, including word processing, database, presentation software and project management software.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- English speaker and reader, bilingual Spanish is best.
- Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- High Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
- Proven skills in leadership, management, supervision, mentorship and networking, with at least 3-5 years as management and coordination experience.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and health related issues.
- Demonstrated experience in HIV/AIDS, STDs and public health management programs.
- Highly skilled in HIV/AIDS programming, preferably within Caribbean and Latina American context, and experience with funded such as AID, Global Fund, PEPFAR, Ford Foundation, Kellogg Foundation, etc.
- Must be culturally sensitive and able to work in a wide variety of settings and cultures.
- Ability to travel at least 50 percent of his (her) contracted time per year to scaling up and expansion into the country.
- Must have a valid passport and American Visa.
Well qualified professionals submit resumes and compensation requirements in complete confidence to
International Division Group Manager