Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains clinical competency, as demonstrated in providing and directing patient care
- Assures that nursing staff practices within their individual scopes of practice
- Assists and communicates with medical staff concerning patient care issues (e.g., change in condition, refill requests, patient incidents).
- Triage/assess walk-in patients or those calling for assistance
- Participates in the case management of individual patients to ensure the continuity of care
- Develops and oversees internal working systems relevant to the medical/nursing operations within a clinic setting
- Produces required reports in a timely basis
- Maintains compliance with DHS, County Public Health, and other regulatory agencies, statutes and standards
- Directs nursing care in a manner reflective of the philosophy of AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- Provides education to patient and patient's personal support system in areas such as disease management, safe sex, etc.
- Complies with safety standards and infection control standards
- Promotes teamwork, good interpersonal relations and communication among staff at the healthcare setting and corporate level
- Participates in nursing staff orientation and serves as a clinical resource
- Participates in community outreach efforts, including speaking/presenting in community settings
- Oversees and controls supplies that directly impact patient care (e.g. ordering and charging stock medications, medical supplies and patient care equipment and/or supplies
- Exercises appropriate judgment and good decision-making skills
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary (i.e., assisting the nursing staff at times of critical need, attendance at all assigned committees)
- Reviews budget information and adjusts / implements steps for controlling costs
- Reviews weekly Healthcare Center performance information—designs approaches to improving patient retention, no show and adherence to care. Works with providers to enhance performance
- Participates in external and internal programmatic audits—reviews findings and designs approaches to improving compliance with achieving target goals. Implements approaches to enhance provider performance and patient standards of care.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from an accredited RN program.
- BSN preferred.
Computer/Software Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and related medical and patient care issues and concerns in diverse populations.
- Previous administrative and supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong clinical nursing skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in phlebotomy and intravenous insertion, care and therapy.
- Fluent in conversational Spanish preferred.
- Understanding of case management and benefits preferred.
- Ability to work at various healthcare centers.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Current State RN License in applicable working location.
- Current CPR certification (Healthcare Provider).
- Valid Driver’s License with proof of liability insurance.
Well-qualified professionals submit resumes, compensation requirements along with interview availability to
Pailin Group PSC