Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Begins assigned clinics on time.
- Maintains standards for productivity on average seeing 20 patients per day. Ensures compliance with standard by coordinating patient scheduling to compensate for no-show rate.
- Provides on-call coverage on rotation schedule.
- Reviews laboratory test results and other reports.
- Authorizes refills for medications.
- Completes diagnosis forms, applications for SSI, Medi-Cal and HRSA forms in a timely manner.
- Reviews charts and performs peer reviews as assigned.
- Provides supervision to mid-level providers and signs their charts as assigned.
- Attends all clinic case conferences to discuss difficult patients.
- Works with nursing and front office staff to accommodate urgent care/walk-in patients.
- Speaks directly to inpatient physician at appropriate hospital, writes out H&P (History and Physical) and admitting orders at time of patient admission; Gives H&P and admitting orders to patient to take to emergency room.
- Schedules vacation or conference leave time at least one month in advance, and arranges for own coverages
Participation in Meetings/Committees
Medical Staff Meeting
HIV Intercity Rounds
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Doctorate degree (M.D., Ph.D., R.Ph.) or equivalent; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Highest Skills: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) and its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
Sensitivity to issues surrounding HIV and AIDS.
Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to provide coverage at other AHF sites upon request.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid Florida Medical License.
Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
Valid DEA certificate.
Current CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) License required
Well qualified professional submit resumes, compensation requirements along with interview availability in complete confidence to the Pailin Group PSC