Pailin Group Executive Search
Vice -President of Health Care Centers (HCC) Operations
Req No 2016-5807
This will be a newly created position. The VP for HCC Operations (VP-HCCO) will function essentially as the Department of Medicine’s (DoM) Chief Operating Officer (COO) for all Organizational healthcare centers (HCCs) located in the United States and for the Organizations Liver Institute.
In collaboration with key members of the DoM (the Chief of Medicine (CoM), Deputy Chief of Medicine (DCoM), Director of Nursing (DoN), Vice-President for HCC Finance, Regional Medical Directors, HCC Medical Directors and Regional Directors), the primary responsibilities of the VP-HCCO are to:
- Develop HCC operations strategies to improve operational goals such as productivity, patient and employee satisfaction and revenue.
- Provide leadership to a multidisciplinary team that is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of care at the HCCs.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of Office Administrators (OAs) and other HCC staff to meet the operational goals.
- Create reviews, update and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all relevant HCC operations.
- Oversee day-to-day HCC operations
- Promote teamwork, good interpersonal relations and communication among all HCC employees
- Contribute to the development of strategic growth goals
- Take primary responsibility for the long-term viability of the HCCs
- Maintain effective communication to keep the CoM and other key executives informed
- Provide leadership to maintain superior levels of HCC customer service and to ensure that quality and safety P&Ps are being followed
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Identify technology and procedure improvements for increased efficiency and accuracy and for continuous process enhancement
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve national HCC operations goals
- BUDGETING and FINANCIAL OVERSIGHT
- Works with the VP of HCC Finance, the CoM and the DoN in the preparation of the budget (Annual and Mid-Year) for all HCC sites.
- Works with the VP of HCC Finance to continuously monitor the financial performance of each HCC site.
- REVIEWS, INTERNAL AUDITS and REPORTS
- Provides regular updates and status reports to the Chief of Medicine and the VP for HCC Finance
- Works with regional leaders and site-level HCC personnel to conduct regular reviews audits for each site to:
- Determine that all relevant Organization SOPs are being followed
- Identify and ameliorate HCC workflow issues
- Review and address patient complaints and ensure that customer service goals are being met
- QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND REPORTING
- Works with DoM leadership and QI personnel to continually assess and improve the quality of care being provided within the HCCs
- Assists as needed in the assessment, review and reporting of all required external performance measures such as HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB), Health Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS), etc.
- Ensures that HCCs maintain any current national and state accreditations
- Works with the CoM, DoN and the Chief of Managed Care to determine additional accreditations that would be in the Organizations interest to achieve and assists in the accreditation process
- PARTICIPATION IN MEETINGS
- DoM Leadership Team meetings
- DoM Joint Operations Meetings
- Monthly Regional Office Administrator (OA) meetings
- Other meetings as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects
- A global perspective with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organization
- The proven ability to manage key stakeholder interests in an ambivalent culture while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with clients, stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Ability to organize and work effectively with project teams of staff from department and clients participating in this effort.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree or higher in Nursing, Health Management/Administration, Business Administration or associated field. Experience in outpatient clinical operations required. Demonstrated experience (5+ years) as Director of Operations, COO, Director of Administration or similar in a Medical environment, preferred.
COMPUTER/SOFTWARE SKILLS & ABILITIES To perform this job successfully, advance knowledge of MS Office software, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Project is needed.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as contracts, policies, correspondence documents, government regulations, product instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence with executive management and healthcare providers. Must have the ability to speak effectively before groups and individuals of executive management, financial management, physicians, nurses and other managed care employees.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to
interpret financial and quality measurement reports.
Must be able to travel locally and nationally. The position will require travel to individual HCCs and attendance at relevant conferences/meetings
Well-qualified professionals please submit current resume/CV, compensation requirements along with geographical preferences in complete confidence to
Frank Sinclaire - Health Care Division Group Manager
Pailin Group Professional Search Consultants
Retained executive search worldwide
Dallas Corporate offices