Successfully manage all administrative functions in support of senior executives/managers.
- Effectively manage and coordinate key administrative tasks (maintain executives’ schedules, correspondence, files; send/receive surveys, answer process questions, etc.).
- Cover and screen executives’ phone lines, pass on messages or handle requests as appropriate.
- Oversee management of department’s budget and accounting tasks (collate and compile annual budget work, report budget performance, code and pay bills, complete expense reports on time, etc.).
- Sort and distribute department mail, make travel arrangements, complete expense reports and other correspondence and reports, department filing, monitor and order supplies, etc.
- Develop reports and presentations using PowerPoint, Excel and other programs.
- Assist in coordinating various meetings and events including travel arrangements, meeting space and attendee communications, etc.
- May work with Administrative Assistants from other areas.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive or proprietary information on behalf of executives
- Coordinate and track key department processes and programs
- Use company standard software (primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to develop reports, presentations, spreadsheets and correspondence
- Serves as a good teammate / role model and support “peer” to other Administrative Assistants
- Assists other functional departments during times of heavy workload
- Consistently looking to improve efficiency of tasks assigned
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or related field; or 5 years of equivalent work experience in an office management setting.
- Advanced computer skills using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; excellent Excel Skills strongly preferred
- Access or other database experience helpful but not required.
- Able to anticipate executive’s needs, very perceptive and intuitive, sensing urgency to assist, make decisions and resolve issues prior to executive’s request or in their absence.
- Able to quickly understand the company’s strategic focus and uses time effectively based on key priorities of the executives and the business; can manage multiple projects.
- Able to relate well and create effective customer-focused relationships with all organization levels.
- Able to write clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Comfortable with change and capable of learning quickly when faced with new opportunities and challenges.
- Able to make decisions under tight deadlines with composure, occasionally with incomplete information.
- Able to organize people, tools, equipment, and other resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once and paying special attention to all of the details required to accomplish desired results.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Provides positive energy with an outgoing personality
- Works to support other Administrative Assistants and other Balfour Beatty employees vertically and horizontally in the organization.
- Solves problems for others, aware of status at all times, maintains responsibility for the solution.
- Works in a service-minded way, high drive and initiative, and focused on supporting the executives in ways to help them be successful on a daily basis.
- Friendly, trusting, always welcoming and keenly aware of how actions and words affect others.
- Serves with candor in a very respectful way and is open and responsive to feedback.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.