Our premier client is conducting a search for an experienced Hospital Pharmacy Director or Assistant Director of Pharmacy
New York, New York
DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, controls, and supervises activities in hospital pharmacy according to hospital policies, standards of practice of the profession, and State and Federal laws Develop policies and procedures that promote the effective, appropriate and safe use of drugs in the hospital.
- Recommends innovations in the practice and function of the hospital pharmacy to Administration and carries out mutually agreed upon programs.
- Implement bar coding and participate CPOE project
- Establish productive relationships with administration, physicians, directors of nursing, department heads, nursing staff and other hospital employees.
- Report department accomplishments and needs; results in TQM activities, and hospital & department policy changes; implements programs to improve the quality of pharmacy services.
- Prepare department budget for salary, capital expense, and operating budget.
- Provide for educational needs of pharmacy staff and other healthcare professionals to changes within the pharmacy, formulary changes etc.
- Plans, directs and supervise activities in the department to maintain adequate control and accountability of all drugs to comply with applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and standards.
- Ensure development and maintenance of a medical staff approved formulary.
- Oversee clinical pharmacy services such as pharmacokinetics, IV to PO, Anticoagulation Service, antibiotic service and drug information.
- BS or PharmD Degree in Pharmacy
- Must have at minimum 3 years of hospital pharmacy management experience
- Stable work history