Pailin Group Executive Search
Director- Marketing & Communications
Director/Managers/Supervisors Req # 21014
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for driving the internal communications strategies and tactics, directing sponsorship initiatives, creating Marketing dashboard reporting, leading the internal graphic design team, customer relationship management (CRM) initiatives, identifying opportunities (awards, recognitions, community engagement opportunities) that support of the system and its member hospitals and entities and oversight of general system marketing growth initiatives.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, this position leads and manages a six person team that develops internal communications as well as external communications strategy, positioning, planning, engagement and content development for the organization with the goal of differentiating the organization as a healthcare provider of choice in the community.
- Proactively and strategically identifies, evaluates and pursues executive engagement opportunities—internal and external—that drive organizational strategy, increase system brand awareness and positively position and differentiate the organization as an industry leader.
- Supports the development and execution of integrated marketing campaigns on behalf of the organization and in support of its hospitals.
- Develops and implements effective internal communications strategies in support of strategic priorities for physicians, employees, and others internal stakeholders to enhance the dissemination of timely information across the enterprise. Uses a variety of channels, including Intranet, website, newsletter, hard copy collaterals and more.
- Help executives articulate the organizations vision, strategy and value proposition in an effective and engaging manner to high-impact target audiences including current and potential business partners; employers; business, government, news media and community leaders; internal leaders and employees.
- Creates programs and speaking opportunities that promotes the organization's image in a positive and community-oriented way.
- Writes and/or supports the marketing team in developing a comprehensive award and recognition nomination and tracking process for the system and its partner hospitals and affiliates to position (the organization, individuals and clinical services) as healthcare thought leaders providing high quality care.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading internal communications initiatives, including developing and implementing a strategic plan, measuring impact and effectiveness of internal communications, adapting internal communications to meet the needs of diverse audiences at the system and hospitals.
- Manages the system graphics team, ensuring that brand standards are met and that the design team functions as an in-house agency, supporting strategic priorities with graphic services (traditional and digital) to effectively communicate.
- In partnership with the design team, monitors and guides the appropriate execution of hospital identity and logo in all media formats: print, electronic, collateral material, vehicles and facilities.
- Creates and maintains regular reporting, as needed, to effectively communicate the work and impact of Marketing areas of responsibility for internal constituents such as Boards, Committees and Leadership.
- Support staff making community presentations by providing collateral materials and power point templates and overall presentation support.
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach to sponsorship management, demonstrating strategic value and return on investment to the organization with a focus on supporting hospital community health needs assessments and market growth.
- Collaborate with senior management and other marketing teammates to align our internal priorities and strategic goals with internal communications and outreach initiatives.
- Integrates strategies and initiatives with other Marketing and Communications staff to support a seamless marketing system.
- Develops and manages relationships with sponsor organizations and community partners and identifies new sponsorship opportunities to maximize brand/service line exposure and community engagement. This includes traditional sponsorship deliverables as well as creating non-traditional, value-added partnership deliverables and opportunities, such as sponsored content, collaborative media opportunities and social media campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations or related field.
- 5 years of marketing communications experience in healthcare.
- Previous management experience.
- A deep understanding of best practices in communications and marketing.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build consensus in a complex, heavily matrixed environment.
- Excellent leadership and self-direction.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills, as well as ability to interact effectively with physicians, clinical staff and administration.
- Team-oriented outlook and the ability to collaborate effectively with marketing communications team.
- Must work well under pressure of multiple projects having competing deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent leadership, marketing and marketing analysis, project management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to both approach work strategically and to execute assignments at a tactical level.
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations or a related healthcare field preferred.
- Experience with CRM.
Supervisory Role: Formally supervises employees. Physical Requirements: Medium
Well qualified professionals please forward current resume along with compensation requirements and interview availability to