Director, Managed Care for our Western Region. This position has the primary responsibility of securing new contracts, creating strategic relationships within an assigned portfolio of accounts existing and targeted new Health Plan Managed Care Organizations, IPA’s, MSO’s, ACO’s and other entities holding risk for services provided. This position will also take the lead in targeted customer corporate level interfaces and manage all corporate level communication during contract negotiations.
The Region Director is also responsible for developing and implementing their respective regional business plan, supporting the National Accounts, Sales and Marketing business plans. This position can be housed in any one of following locations: Walnut Creek, Los Angeles, or Valencia. Serious consideration will be given to applicants in both Northern and Southern CA.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Personal, Sick and Vacation Days
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Education Assistance
- Employee Discounts
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Matrix Managing both internally and externally within assigned accounts to effectively manage objectives to reach assigned goals.
- Plan, develop and implement approved business plan for securing contracts with achievable objectives, goals, strategies, and tactics.
- Report on contracts business plan progress via month end reporting and semi-annual National Accounts Business Review presentations to Senior Management.
- Documentation of sales calls, contracting progression, new contacts and notes added within Salesforce.com.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs.
- Effectively communicate value proposition within messaging to target accounts/contracting opportunities through presentations, in person meetings, and all other forms of communication.
- Serve as a representative of the company to third party payers developing new business relationships that expand business through contracting opportunities.
- Management of contracting opportunities including gathering data for negotiations, participating in negotiations to achieve objectives, assisting in implementation and monitoring and evaluating contract performance.
- Identify and initiate value-added programs and projects which include customer profit potential, customer cost reduction and customer cost avoidance.
- Execution of targeted contracting opportunities.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required compliance training and employee development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of National Accounts experience selling into the C-Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to ‘flex’ according to differing customer personalities.
- Strong negotiation skills preferably within a small dollar spend category.
- Knowledge of healthcare payment systems including Medicare and Medicaid Managed Care programs is preferred.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to quantifiably analyze and present portfolio of existing and new business growth opportunities.
- Proven ability to work independently, set measurable goals and use sound decision making skills.
- Ability to interact well with internal customers and senior leadership at national account targets.
- Ability to assess market trends and develop projections and budgets.
- Working knowledge of contracting language and ability to draft/edit for the mutual benefit of all parties.
- Must be able to travel extensively and independently on a routine basis
- Successful completion of New Hire training, including a multi week Customer Service training onsite.
Well qualified professionals please forward current resume, compensation requirements and interview availability in complete confidence to the Pailin Group PSC - Roxxanne Miller - Sales & Marketing Division Group Manager firstname.lastname@example.org